(image found here)
Almost finished with my April NaBloPoMo letter theme…we’re nearing the end of the month, and the end of the alphabet. I was thinking about what I could write about with the letter X. Hmmm. There are possibilities, of course. There’s the X-Files, X Rays, X Games, Xylophones, Xenophobia, and the band, X. There’s the X Box, Generation X, and X-Mas. The possibilities are, well, not endless, but there are a few. But none that really float my boat, you know what I’m saying? So, instead of writing about a tv show or a concept or a disease or medication or instrument that starts with the letter X, I will instead make a Thursday 13 out of things that I like that have the letter X in their name, OK? (That was a crappy, awkward sentence, but you know what I mean, right? Here goes.
- Sex. Let’s just get that one out of the way, so you can all tee-hee and be all Beevus and Butthead about it. “heh heh…she said sex”. Yes I did, so what. If you’re parents didn’t have sex, you wouldn’t be here, so shut up about it.
- xoxo. I mean, what’s gonna be wrong with hugs and kisses, right?
- Fox. Genevieve has a foxy little face, and it’s very pretty.
- Beaux. I mean, when I was dating, way back when. I don’t have any beaux now, unless Ted still considers himself that way. 😉
- Text. Not so much in the form of a text book, because my experience was that most of those pretty much suck. But the written word is pretty awesome, and I couldn’t blog without it.
- Roux. Hey, it’s pretty handy in a lot of recipes, so a little flour and butter ain’t a bad thing.
- Exercise. I especially enjoy walking the dog, swimming, hiking, riding my bike…
- Exavier. My 14-year old second cousin. He’s at a hard age, stuck between being a boy and being a man, and I think he’s handling it pretty well.
- Excellence. In so many things. Food, clothing, craftsmanship, company, film, music, etc. To do something with excellence is a wonderful thing.
- Exuberance. Along the same line as excellence, to feel or witness exuberance is one of the real pleasures in life.
- Xanadu. OK, I’ll admit it. I LOVED the soundtrack when I was a kid. So what?
- Mexican food. Mmmm. We had enchiladas for dinner last night. I also love guacamole, fajitas, carnitas, margaritas, tacos, burritos, quesadillas, salsa, and so, so much more. Now I’m hungry.