I came across this meme on my friend Carla’s blog, and I thought I’d bring it over here. I’ve read some good books I could tell you about. I went to see my Grandma again, and I could tell you about that. I could even dredge up some thoughts on the horrid flooding in Texas and the horrid drought here, and tell you how it doesn’t rain in California this time of year, so if we DO get any, it will be tiny amounts and not help in the greater sense at all. No real rain until September if we’re lucky, more likely November or December.
But no, all you get is a meme. Sometimes my brain just works that way. As in, hardly working at all, lazy lazy brain. So, here goes. The rule for this meme is that you must come up with an answer to each silly ‘question’, and the answer must begin with the first letter of your first name. So all of my answers will start with J.
- First name : My first name? Or just A first name? My first name is J. Duh. Or, as we used to (so eloquently say in Jr. High, “No Doy”. Or is that spelled, “No Doi”?)
- An animal: Jaguar. Jackal. Jackass. Jellyfish. Have I told you about the time Maya and I found a jellyfish washed up on the beach in San Francisco, and I could see its pulse (which makes no sense, because I don’t know that they have a heart), and Maya convinced me to pick it up and get it back to the water. I used a plastic bag to protect myself if it should sting me. SF has now banned plastic bags, so I don’t know what would happen today. Or if the bag would have proteted me if it had stung. But it was a happy moment, watching it float away on the tide.
- A boy’s name: Justin. Or Jack. My two nephews. 🙂 There’s also Jeff, and Jason. Or my friend Cherry’s son, Jacob. Or Tracy’s son, Jeremy.
- A girl’s name: Julia. Janet. Janice. Jane. I know, I’m only supposed to give one. So what. My blog, my rules. My great-great aunt, for whom I was named, was Julia. One of my most darling best friends is Janet. Maya used to have a toy cat named Jane, who had wings.
- An occupation: Judge. Janitor. Jailer. Justice of the Peace. Jelly maker. Journalist. Juggler. Jockey. There were a few years there that I really wanted to be a jockey, despite not having spent time around horses. Or, not enough time.
- A color: Jaundice. Is that a color? Jet. Jade.
- Something you wear: Jeans. Not Jeggings. Never Jeggings. Jackets and Jodhpurs and Jewelery.
- A drink: Julep. Jagermeister. Blech to both, though I’ve never had a julep, so I shouldn’t speak to that. I don’t think I’ve ever had Jagermeister, either, actually. Let’s stick with some lovely chardonnay by J vineyards, shall we?
- A type of food: Japanese. Jello. Jam. Jerky. Jalapeno.
- Something found in the bathroom: Jean Nate after bath splash. OK, not MY bathroom, but there was a time when I was a kid that I used to buy this for my mom. I don’t know if she actually liked it, or just used it to make me happy. And my Great Aunt has some in her bathroom that is probably 30 years old. I’ll bet that smells lovely. As in, not.
- A place: Jet plane. On a jet plane, on my way to Paris or Milan or somewhere wonderful and lovely. Or, conversely, Joliet Illinois, which I remember passing on I-80 on our drive from San Francisco to Philadelphia, back in ’94. Jerusalem. Japan. Jaipur. Jamaica.
- A reason to be late: Stuck in Joliet. Not a GOOD reason, but a reason certainly. Or perhaps, stuck in a traffic Jam. Or, Just because.
- Something you shout out: JESUS! If you’re Christian, it could be, “PRAISE JESUS!” If you’re not, it could be something you shout out in exasperation when someone almost rear-ends you on the freeway. Or something you say at the end of ‘Planet of the Apes.’
That’s my list of J. Perhaps not worth much, but at least it got me to post something. Whew.