Because I’ve got nothing else this morning, and still I want to post something. Maya got a super cute haircut over the weekend, but she won’t let me take a picture for the blog. I finished my book last night, but don’t have time to write up a review right now. I’m going to go observe small claims court later this morning, as our homeowners association is being sued, and it seems like it might be kinda fun and interesting to watch. So, for now, you get a meme that I took from my Facebook & real life friend, Connie:
43 Things about me!*
1. Do you like blue cheese?
Mmmm. Blue cheese. Yummy. Esp Stilton, or Gorgonzola.
2. Have you ever been drunk?
Oh dear, yes. Ugh.
3. Do you own a gun?
Yes. A shotgun that belonged to my great grandfather. I don’t own any bullets, though.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite?
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Only if I’m going to get a shot, or if I’m afraid of bad news.
7. Favorite Christmas movie?
It’s a Wonderful Life, because it’s the first movie Ted and I ever saw together. Also very fond of Scrooged.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
9. Can you do push ups?
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
My wedding ring.
11. Favorite hobby?
12. Do you have A.D.D.?
13. What’s your favorite shoe?
I have some very cute black pumps I rarely wear. Or my boots. Very cute.
14. Middle name?
Ward technically, though that was my maiden name. Yvonne before that.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I want to read the funnies.
I need to get in the shower.
I got pretty wet on my walk this morning.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Diet Coke, Water, Chardonnay
17. Current worry?
Drought. And job.
18. Current hate right now?
Hate? War, I guess.
19. Um, where did 19 go?
My age, or was 19 missing at some point in this meme? Not sure. 19 was a fun year in many ways. It’s when I started college, after taking a year off.
20. How did you bring in the New Year?
With good friends.
21. Where would you like to go?
22. Name three people who will complete this?
Dorothy (I hope, she hasn’t posted anything in WEEKS), Cherry, and maybe Chrissy, though I’m not tagging anyone.
23. Do you own slippers?
Yes, I worked from home for a couple of years, and fell in love with slippers. I got two pairs for Christmas, and I love them both.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now?
Pink workout shirt.
25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets?
Yes, very soft. But I don’t need to.
26. Can you whistle?
Honestly? No. But I had my dog Sam fooled for awhile.
27. Favorite color?
Green. Though like Connie, I wear a lot of black.
28. Would you be a pirate?
No – Not interested in being a thief, really.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
MYOB. I say that because Maya has been awoken by me singing the BINGO song, about the farmer with the dog. I also like to sing “Little Drummer Boy” in the shower. The Bing Crosby/David Bowie version.
30. Favorite Girl’s Name?
31. Favorite boy’s name?
Not sure. I guess I don’t have one. Ted?
32. What’s in your pocket right now?
An empty bag for picking up dog poop, and yesterday’s grocery list.
33. Last thing that made you laugh?
Not sure, but Ted and Maya make me laugh a lot. They have a similar, silly sense of humor. Mine is much more dry and reserved, but I do appreciate theirs!
34. Best bed sheets as a child?
No idea. I think we always had hand-me-downs.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had as a child?
Cut off the tip of my finger when I was very young, and had to have it reattached.
36. Do you love where you live?
I love aspects of it.
38. Who is your loudest friend?
Loudest? That’s a weird question, and I don’t think I have any loud friends. I used to know a girl named Andi who was pretty loud.
REVISED to add that I indeed have not seen my friend Martin in far too long, and he is VERY loud. Thanks for the Facebook comment, Martin.
39. How many dogs do you have?
One, who is a very good girl, as long as she stays off the bed. Her eye is all better, if you’re wondering.
40. Does someone have a crush on you?
I hope so. I hope Ted.
41. What is your favorite book?
Favorite? That’s hard to say. Maybe Gone With The Wind. It’s the one I re-read the most often.
42. What is your favorite candy?
Probably Bit-O-Honey. I went to get one on Saturday at the candy store, and the candy store closed! They don’t carry them at the grocery store. Dang.
43. Favorite Sports Team?
I really couldn’t care less. I did used to enjoy living in SF when the 49s were on their Superbowl winning streak, way back when.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral?
That’s a weird one. Probably Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto, and the beautiful Oboe Concerto. I love that piece.
*The meme says 44, but there’s no number 6…wonder what it would have been?