I saw this one over at Issa’s place, and shockingly enough, I don’t think I’ve answered more than 10 of these here before. So, in the spirit of over sharing, here we go.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes. My great aunt was SO amazingly important to my mom. She took her in when she was having trouble at home, made her feel like there wasn’t anything wrong with her after all, encouraged her that life in college would be far better than life in high school had been. Sadly, she died before I was born, so I never met her. Her name was Julia, but she hated being teased and called ‘Julius Caesar’ as a girl, so my mom went with Julie. Yvonne is my middle name, and what my Great Aunt Julia would have named her daughter, if she had had one.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I was going to say I don’t remember, and then I remembered a particular episode of Downton Abbey that had me practically sobbing recently.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?*
Yes, I do like my handwriting! My cousin and I used to create fake forms for fun, just so we could fill them in and practice our handwriting. Silly, but we both have good handwriting now.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I have kid.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I like to think so, yes. Though if I ate all of my chips and fries off of my plate, that might bug me.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Not an undue amount, but it’s not unheard of either.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No way. I’m far too smart to do that to my back.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Favorite as in what do I eat? Shredded Wheat. Favorite as in what is amazing and delicious? Toss up between Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, and Frosted Flakes.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes. Too hard to get them on again if I don’t.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
There was a time when I would have said no, but the last few years have taught me that the answer is YES.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Cherry, Black Cherry, or Coffee.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
Um….what? Pink I guess, because it’s in the sunrise.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I have trouble letting things go sometimes. Sometimes. Ha.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mom. And Gen.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Flipping an omelet in a pan like Jacques Pepin. Wow.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Pizza and salad.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My daughter downstairs laughing with her friend.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Honeysuckle flowers. Salt water. Dinner.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house, so I can smell the ocean and hear the waves. Though I wouldn’t say no to a house up in Tahoe, I’ll tell you that much.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
Dyed blonde. Natural color is dark blonde, almost brown.
28. EYE COLOR?
Brown and/or green.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes. I love them.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Pasta, potato chips, bread and butter, white wine.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Brownish I guess.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. Summer here is TOO HOT.
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
I have to choose? Computer.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Lincoln, by Gore Vidal. I know, that’s not what my sidebar says I’m reading. I’m lazy I guess.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don’t use one. I have one in a drawer somewhere with Curious George on it. I love Curious George.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
Ted and Maya laughing over something silly.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Alternative or Classical.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I am the finder of lost things in this house. And I’m not a bad cook.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Somewhere in the general Bay Area. I had this answered, but I’m changing it based on the fear of identity theft.
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
East of Berkeley, but not much.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Brown shingles. I dislike shingles.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Clearly, or else why would I waste my time?
*I copied and pasted this list from Issa, and HA! forgot to change this one. Which led to Ted asking me, “When did you get shoulder surgery? How did I not know about this, after 25 years together?” It’s fixed now.