I’m both flattered (three days in a row of being flattered! It’s INSANE!) and a little bit annoyed. Flattered, because my wonderful mom, Maya’s Granny, has tagged me for a Blogs that Make Me Think meme, and thus awarded me with a Thinking Blogger Award.Â How cool is that?Â Amazing.Â I’ll confess to being a tiny bit annoyed though, because three of the blogs that make HER think are ones that she probably started reading in the first place because they were on MY blogroll. She shouldn’t get to use Angry Black Bitch, Brilliant At Breakfast, and Echidne of the Snakes, should she?Â She should leave them to me, right? Even if none of them know that I exist, and they all have her on their blogrolls, so they CLEARLY like her more than they like me?
Oh well, it’s too late now, and I’ll bet I can come up with 5 other blogs that make me think, at least part of the time. (Because while I may make you think by talking about PBS shows on fat, or things like that, I also post about my middle finger or my favorite potato chips.) I’ll stop being annoyed, and move on to just snippy. So, aside from the blogs above, here are 5 MORE blogs that make me think:
1. Bitch, PhD. Not only does she make me think, about all kinds of issues, political and personal, she has the best header on the internets. And, she knows how to shop for a bra, and isn’t afraid to tell you.
2. Tiny Cat Pants. She makes me think about a lot of things, mostly feminist type things, but also liberal politicky things, and I love it when I go visit there.
3. Broadsheet. I know, this is kinda cheating, because it’s part of Salon.com, not really a blog at all…but hell, the women who write here make me think, and it is kinda bloggy in format. Broadsheet is where I first came to know and love Angry Black Bitch, Echidna of the Snakes, and Bitch PhD, as well as my dirty little secret, that I sometimes read The Superficial.
4. PostSecret. Some of the secrets are silly, some sexyish, and many will break your heart.
5. Py Korry. Mostly he writes about music, which is fun to think about, but sometimes he pulls out the political stuff, and he can clarify an issue in such a way that makes me go, “Oh, THAT’s what they’re saying. Idiots.” I love that about him, among many other things. 😉
I’m guessing Py MIGHT play, since we’re married and all, but none of the others even know I exist, so they won’t. Just in case anyone is interested, here are the rules:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to The Thinking Blog so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote. Oh…OK, I forgot that part. Here are a few posts that I wrote that had me thinking at least…
This one, in which I discussed September 11th. (there are no comments, because they were left behind at my blogger blog. And I’ve closed them here, because I was getting spam on this one, mostly for Viagra, which really pissed me off.)
This one, talking about U.S. Foreign Policy.
This one, talking about U.S. involvement in Iraq…
Gosh, I have a few more I could link to. I’ll stop now, since my readers have all read these already. If you’re new and even remotely interested, the non-potato-chippy type posts are listed under topics like politics and feminist. Enjoy.
UPDATED TO ADD: My mom’s technorati comment made me curious, so I went and peeked there, and found that I had received not one, but TWO Thinking Blogger Awards!Â What a lovely day!Â Â Thanks to Debra at Reflecting for your award and your kind words! Can I say my title twice, like a professor with two PhDs in Germany gets to be “Doctor Doctor”?Â I’m liking that idea. 😉